PETER PREACHES THE GOSPEL ON THE DAY OF PENTECOST.
Acts 2 verses 22 - 40.
22. "Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. 23. This man was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. 24. But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him. 25. David said about him:
"I saw the Lord always before me. He is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
26. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will live in hope,
27. because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your holy one see decay.
28. You have made known to me the paths of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence."
29. "Brothers, I can tell you confidently that the patriarch David died and was buried, and his tomb is here to this day.
30. But he was a prophet and knew that God had promised him on oath that he would place one of his descendants on his throne.
31. Seeing what was ahead, he spoke of the resurrection of the Christ , that he was not abandoned to the grave, nor did his body see decay.
32. God raised this Jesus to life, and we are all witnesses of the fact.
33. Exalted to the right hand of God, he has received from the Father the promised Holy Spirit and has poured out what you now see and hear.
34. For David did not ascend to heaven, and yet he said:
"the Lord said to my Lord:
"Sit at my right hand
35. until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet."
36. "Therefore let all Israel be assured of this. God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ." 37. When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, "Brothers, what shall we do?" 38. Peter replied "Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39. The promise is for you and your children , and for all who are far off - for all whom the Lord our God will call." 40. With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."